Calvin Christian offers a variety of opportunities for students in grade 9-12 to complement their home-learning program. Whether through individual classes and activities or regular part-time enrollment, CCHS will provide homeschooled students with challenging, faith-infused learning that is responsive to their individual talents and interests.
For more information about part-time enrollment opportunities, please contact the Admissions Office by email or phone at 612-900-7300.
The following are current or upcoming offerings that may have special appeal because of their schedule, content, or current availability. But since almost any CCHS class can be taken on a part-time basis, please get in touch with us to ask about other opportunities that you don’t see here.
- Band or Choir – Develop your musical talent while practicing or performing in our instrumental or choral ensemble. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. 0.5 credit. $600/year; prorated if enrolling mid-year.
- Physical Fitness – Join in team sports and work on your own to achieve personal fitness goals; conclude the year with race training (5K, triathlon, etc.). Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. 0.5 credit. $600/year; prorated if enrolling mid-year.
- Outdoor education – Engage in a variety of outdoor activities, including mountain biking, orienteering, wilderness first aid, cross country skiing, birding, and climbing. Meets Monday and Wednesday morning. 0.5 credit. $750/year; prorated if enrolling mid-year. Course cost includes an additional $150 to cover activity fees.
- Art (advanced) – Develop your skills by completing extended art projects of your choosing, with individualized, expert guidance from our instructor. Monday/Wednesday. 0.5 credit. $600/year; prorated if enrolling mid-year.
- Girls Basketball – Develop your skills in a fun, positive team environment. 2-3 practices, 2 games per week. Nov-Feb. $300
- Physical Science – Explore the structure of matter from a biblical perspective with CCHS 9th and 10th grade students. Meets 3 mornings a week (TBD), beginning Nov. 28, concluding first week of June. 1 credit. $1,400
- Rise of the Post-Modern World – This elective course for CCHS 11th and 12th graders explores societal and cultural transitions since WW II from a biblical perspective. Meets 3 mornings a week (TBD), beginning March 6, concluding first week of June. 0.5 credit. $600
- Independent Projects – Take advantage of the structure and instructor expertise developed around this staple of learning at CCHS. Choose and design your multi-week project based on your own interests, in consultation with a teacher-advisor. Present the results of your project to CCHS students and your invited guests. Meet with advisor at least once weekly. Available for mid-year enrollment. Credit and cost determined according to project length and scope.
- Inquiry Based Units – Join with CCHS students in a two-week adventure in hands-on learning. Guided by a faculty advisor, groups of 10-15 students identify a topic, decide what and how they’re going to learn about it, then go out into the city to find answers to their questions. February 13-March 2, 2016. $200